Why people choose an Active Lightning Conductors working on Early Streamer Emission (ESE) principal for their home strike protection systems?
1. The coverage area of ESE lightning conductors is much greater than the area protected by traditional/regular strike prevention rods.
2. We guarantee the safekeeping from thunderstorm strikes 98%. Manufacturers of traditional/regular strike protection rods do not offer this guarantee. Actually, nobody else in the industry does.
3. Our ESE systems are proven to be reliable. We are compliant and certified with applicable European standard – NFC 17.102. We hold all the relevant quality certifications.
4. Our devices are verifiable. Each conductor has a standard coaxial outlet to connect our Tester, which we sell separately as well as our Strike Counter.
5. Our Active Lightning Protection devices DO NOT require additional power supply for its operation.
6. Our devices, most components, and materials are of European quality.
Note, that the installation specifics and requirements are the same as for traditional or “inactive” rods – no complications.
Get covered! Call us today 847-808-9000!
Effective ESE lightning protection from Chicago distributors
We are Electra USA, Inc. – the only direct representative of Forend Electrical Materials & Foreign Trade Co. in USA. Electra USA is based in Wheeling, IL – North-West Chicago suburb.
A common “Forend” ESE lightning rod simply has an effect on the huge, catastrophic burst of an electric current from a very close or direct thunderstorm strikes. A direct potential current is simply too big to protect from it with a little electronic device inside a power strip, or even a hefty surge unit. If your electrical protector is in the way of the high current path, all or part of the surge will just flash over or through the device – regardless of the amount of capacitors and battery banks involved.
ESE strike prevention systems “Forend” are suitable thunderstorm strikes prevention devices. These early streamer emission conductors provide high degree of defense from voltage spikes, from casual power surges initiated by thunderbolts. Especially when the rain cloud is blistering close to some structure, our early streamer emission lightning protection system eliminates it.
Even so called breakers that physically switch off power to a device by activating a set of electrical contacts, will not guarantee safety. A little gap between contacts will not stop a thunderstorm bolt current that was able to jump across miles in the air.
Not only that, but even a full-fledged commercial lightning protection complex with conductors, cables and grounds will guarantee damage prevention to all home electronics and computers. For any network to provide 98% protection, it must divert almost 100% of the lightning current from a direct strike, which is nearly physically impossible: according to Ohm’s Law in a set of resistors connected in parallel, the current will be disperse across entire set of resistors, at levels inversely proportional to the different values of resistance. A house or building is nothing more than a set of resistors, the model of the electrical wiring, plumbing lines, steel framework, etc. Even though plumbing and electrical wiring may not be physically connected, the current might get across air gaps to find its way through them.
The maximum current often peaks at 200,500 or more Amps. Keeping it in mind, consider if you have a ESE protection system installed, and your house is hit directly by lightning, G-d forbid. If the early emission device takes even 98% of the current, then your electrical wiring may take the remaining 2% which is a 100 Amp surge through the lines, which may be enough to damage residence appliances.
It is pretty easy for ‘side flashes’ to happen inside a house or building, where all or a part of the high voltage current will jump across an entire structure to reach the ground, such as house electrical wiring system or deep grounded water pipes.