Exothermic welding process is a very efficient method of making high quality electrical connections. Exothermic welding is used to create electrical molecular bonds various metals such as copper to copper,copper to steel,steel to steel,aluminium to copper,aluminium to aluminium. No external source of power is required when using this material.
Exothermic welded connections use the high temperature of reaction of powdered copper oxide and aluminium.The reaction takes place in a semi-permanent graphite mould that lasts for fifty or more welds if properly cared for.
The exothermic welding reaction takes place in a very few seconds,therefore the total amount of heat applied to the conductors or surfaces are considerably less than that employed in brazing or soldering. Tools of Exothermic welding is very light in weight so it is provided to profit from time and the accupation or pay of a worker than others.
Superiority of Exothermic Welding
- The Exothermic connection is a molecular weld,and the weld metal has the same melting points as copper. Because of these factors ,along with the increased cross section of the connection, exothermic welded connections.
- Will not be effected by a high current surge.Tests have shown that the electrical conductor will melt before the exothermic connection when subjected to high shortcircuit current.
- It does not dissolve in time.
- It does not lose material or not be corroded with molecular bonds occurs.
- The accupation and workmanship cost are very low
It reduces the accupation or pay of a worker’s cost.
- Tools of Exothermic welding is very light in weight.
- It does not require proficiency and capability.
- It doesn’t require external power and heat source.
- Its quality is understand very easy by eyes.